Being a cat lover, you understand how difficult it is to get rid of cat’s urine stain straight from your floor carpet. But it does not have to be difficult and time-consuming experience for you! Carpet cleaning can be done easily without spending too much time for it. So how would you deal properly with the urine smell and the stain caused by your cat?
Getting rid of cat’s fresh urine out from the carpet
- Remove immediately the cat urine from your carpet by placing paper towels or newspapers on the urine. Soak the towel or newspaper to absorb as much urine as possible. If urine has penetrated through the bottom part of the carpet, place also some towels or newspapers under the carpet padding. Continue doing it until that portion (top and bottom parts) got dried.
- Start using clean water to wash the urine spot. Repeat the same process over again till you don’t see any stain anymore. Plain and clean water is the normal trick because there is no harmful chemical that will damage the carpet.
- The third can be optional. If you want to make sure that you have thoroughly removed the urine odour, treat that part using a cleaning agent with enzyme. This one is a non-toxic cleaning agent. It practically gets rid of all the remaining smell including bacteria that may still be present on your carpet. After this, you get the job done. It’s very simple and not complicated after all.
Removing spots of cat’s old urine from your carpet
Old spots and marks are more difficult to remove because stains have already set in. But you have to clean it also. Your cat may smell the urine odour again on that carpet and may be attracted to use the carpet as a place of urination. So most likely, that cat will add more urine every day except when wetness and smell have all been washed away.
- Avoid using any cleaning agents this time and just use the cleaning equipment. You need to do it because cleaning materials will reduce the efficiency of enzymatic cleanser you need to use afterwards. Put only clean water in your cleaning machine. Don’t pour in too much of it over the urine marks. It might go downwards reaching the padding underneath.
- With the help of enzymatic cleaning product, apply it on the stain until you don’t see anymore the urine stain.
- If you can’t see the spot, use a flashlight with black light to inspect the portion and to see any possible residue. If cat urine remains, you will notice a glowing violet colour beneath your black light. So there is remaining urine, clean it again using that same cleaning product. Then, you will see your carpet looks better with all the hard cat urine marks removed. After removing those hardened stains together with the foul odour, you can expect you cats will no longer urinate over that carpet.
Carpet cleaning that involves pet urine removal can be done by homeowners or professionals. But when seriousness of the problem comes, experts have more knowledge on it. With their modern machines and cleaning agents they can treat carpets more than homeowners can.